Retool your strategies to create a customer for life.
By creating a customer for life, you’ll increase your company’s profit margins and gain greater control over your operations.
I own a Lexus. I love my car, but more importantly, I love the people at Lexus. When I am ready to buy a new car, it will most likely be another Lexus.
Lexus has made me a customer for life. Why is this?
- Before I ever owned a Lexus I wanted one. Their brand, their image, and their cars connected with who I am and they engaged me through their advertising and web presence, so much so, that I “built” my car on their website two years before I bought it;
- Once I decided it was time to buy and went to the dealership, the experience was pleasant, the sales person was professional and knowledgeable, and I felt extremely comfortable with the whole process. Bob has stayed in touch with me over the years and ALWAYS makes it a point to say hello when I come in for service. As a result, we bought my wife’s car from him as well;
- Since I bought the car, I have been taking it back for service every few thousand miles and have dealt with the same service rep. His name is Joel and he really takes care of me every time I come in. Furthermore, the lounge I wait in has free Wi-Fi, great coffee, and a couple of the new Lexus models for me to check out while I wait;
- Anytime the service is going to take longer than an hour, they lend me one of their new models for me to have for a day or two. Drove one recently and it might just be my next car; and,
- After every service visit, I get a call AND a survey to make sure I was happy with everything. Of course, the answer is always yes!
Imagine if real estate companies created a customer for life by providing this level of engagement and follow through with their clients!
How much more profitable would they be? How much more valuable would they be? How much more control could they have?
If real estate companies focused on creating a customer for life, it could go something like this:
- Before a consumer is ever ready to buy a house, they know about you through your online branding. By creating connections in via social networks, and carefully leveraging your brand using advertising, testimonials and referrals, you are known to be THE company to buy real estate from. You present yourself the way you want to present yourself to whatever your demographic is. And you can do this not for one audience, but for the multiple audiences your company wants to reach. You utilize your web design, social presence, and your local reputation to position yourself as the real estate expert. All this is done consistently, reflecting your company brand;
- Once someone decides to buy a house, you are engaged with them right away. Why? Because you respond to their internet lead request within minutes (not hours or days), or they walk into your modern office (an office with great amenities and professional and consistent greetings) and are seamlessly transitioned to a fully-trained sales professional who is knowledgeable and can deliver a consistent and pleasant experience every time;
- So now the house is sold, does the brokerage or agent disappear? Of course not! You’re creating a customer for life: You (the brokerage) position yourself to remain relevant; the central component in that home purchase just like Lexus is a central component in my car purchase. You constantly provide relevant information about anything having to do with their home purchase. You make sure they know to call you if they need something related to the home, and consistently ask what else you can do for them. You focus on creating and maintaining the highest levels of satisfaction with every customer; and,
- Because you are central and relevant as long as that consumer owns their house; and because you have had multiple interactions with them throughout that period of time, you know what is going on with that consumer. So you’ll be there when it is time for them to refinance or decide to move elsewhere. You’ve created a customer for life!
If car companies can do it, why can’t we?
Our innovative marketing platform helps you create a customer for life. Take the first step now!