REinventing Real Estate: Ideas, Education and Inspiration for Modernizing Brokerage Operations
PCMS Founder and Chief Visionary, Jose Perez is available to speak at both large real estate events and privately for company retreats or smaller group settings. Read below for the topics available for our speaking engagements.
Camp REinvent: Moderated idea-sharing and coaching
Camp REinvent™ focuses on the issues brokerages must address to REinvent their companies. Focused on getting the creative juices flowing for participants; and enabling an exchange of ideas to help participants REinvent the way they operate. All topics are carefully planned, so participating Campers walk away with a better understanding of how all these issues impact their ability to modernize their brokerage operations.
Session Take Aways
Camp REinvent’s mission is to get creative juices flowing for the participants; enabling an exchange of ideas to help participants REinvent the way they operate. Participants leave Camp REinvent with solid strategies for improvement, and an understanding of how those strategies will affect and be received by each of their constituencies: Managers, staff, agents, and clients.
- Create integrated internet strategies
- Streamline business processes
- Deliver better consumer experiences
- Recruiting the agent of the future
The real estate transaction has been commoditized. What are you going to do about it?
The companies that are delivering better experiences are gaining market share and profitability. Why can’t that be you?
This session delves into the factors and influencers that commoditized the real estate transaction. Jose explores how brokers must take cues from business innovators, in and out of our industry, and then apply those strategies to meet expectations consumers have when dealing with a real estate brokerage. Participants will leave with a better perspective of how they must engage consumers online months before they are ready to buy, what consumers are looking for when they engage you online, how they expect you to communicate, what your offices should look like, and what business process systems you should have in place to pull it all together.
Session Take Aways
As consumer expectations continue to rise, brokerages must differentiate themselves by delivering a better overall experience in every aspect of their brokerage operations. What differentiates your real estate brokerage?
- The information you provide to consumers? Thanks to the internet, much of it is already available to consumers;
- Your agents? With dozens, or even hundreds, of independent contractors to control, depending on your agents to provide market differentiation is unreliable.
- The actual real estate transaction? Due to laws and regulations, real estate transactions are pretty much the same across the board.
- The mortgage and settlement process? Ditto! Like real estate transactions, they’re indistinguishable between brokerages.
Building Your Brand Online: Creating a Truly Integrated Web Strategy
Most brokerages view their real estate website as the only necessity for their online real estate marketing. However, in order to operate your real estate website as a true profit center, you must consider an integrated web strategy to promote your real estate brand online.
This session is designed to connect the dots between these important aspects of your web strategy and highlight the opportunity cost involved when they are inadequately addressed. Participants will come away with a better understanding of why they need to look beyond their brokerage website when planning their real estate marketing strategies.
Session Take Aways
- Explore the core components of online branding
- How are you leveraging social media to promote your brand online?
- How are you driving internet traffic to your real estate website?
- Once a consumer finds you (either via social media channels or your brokerage website,) how are they being engaged ?
- What internet lead response systems do you have in place to immediately respond to the consumer once they request more information?
- How do you keep consumers engaged with your company after the sale in order to promote repeat business and referrals?
How Do You Recruit the Agent of the Future…Today?
We are undergoing a transformative cultural shift that is driven by factors such as the internet and mobility and the changing expectations of Gens X/Y. While brokers struggle to meet the rising expectations of consumers, they also have not effectively addressed what the next generation of agents require from their brokers.
Do You Have the Cool Quotient?
Today’s consumer goes to Starbucks, the Apple store, or buys from Zappos online and not only receives a great experience and value for what they purchase, plus they feel like those companies are modern and hip. That same consumer is potentially an agent who could be the future of your company. Based on what they see from your social media presence, brokerage website, managers, and offices, do they see a modern and hip brokerage? Chances are they are not.
The fact is most brokerages don’t have effective recruiting systems nor do they hold their teams sufficiently accountable, resulting in underperformance. As the workforce ages and the gap between them and real estate consumers continues to grow, brokers need to focus on improving underperformance in their operations.
Session Take Aways
- Explore recruiting necessities for attracting the next-generation agent
- Discover what’s important to the agent of the future.
- Explore how you should be talking to both your existing agents and recruiting prospects.
- Learn what systems and metrics your recruiting team needs so that you achieve results that will lead to more revenue and profits.
Succession Planning, Exit Strategy, and M&A: A Primer for Buyers and Sellers of Brokerages.
This session explores how you make a successful transaction and transition.
The market is stabilizing. Brokers are better positioned to determine how to exit their business and/or sell their companies. Simultaneously, prospective consolidators are once again looking for opportunities to increase market share and acquire profit.
This informative session is easily customized. It can be adapted, depending on the audience (buyers, sellers or both). Participants will walk away with a better understanding of each sides’ needs. This session highlights the importance these roles play in making for a successful transaction and transition. Jose draws from his significant experience and will review many important topics each side must consider.
Session Take Aways
- Identifying exit strategies and succession plans for sellers
- Helping buyers find acquisition targets
- Company valuations
- Facilitating transactions to give both sides the information they need to make decisions.
- Options for a seller
- Valuation models
- M&A growth plan for a buyer
- Developing a company prospectus for sellers and buyers
- Deal structure templates
- Pro forma cash flow projections
- Transition plan and announcement
Are You Effectively Attracting Multi-Cultural Clients and Agents?
Minority consumer buying power is only getting bigger. How well can you profit from this?
Embracing multi-culturism in your business
Depending on the marketplace, minorities make up an increasingly important part of your client base and agent pool. African, Asian, and Hispanic Americans populations each have specific cultural needs, expectations, and nuances. Sensitivity, or lack thereof, will determine your ability to successfully serve and profit from those markets.
As a bi-lingual Cuban American raised in New York City, Rio de Janeiro, and Miami, Jose brings a unique perspective to an important opportunity many brokerages are ignoring. Minority consumers and agents will see through disingenuous means to engage them. This session is designed to highlight the many factors that need to be considered if they are planning to sincerely attract this market.